Welcome to the Loddon Wimmera System
Our Loddon Wimmera System supplies the townships of Bridgewater, Inglewood, Laanecoorie, Tarnagulla, Dunolly, Bealiba, Borung, Wychitella, Korong Vale and Wedderburn.
We service around 2,055 water connections and 1,412 wastewater connections for a population of more than 3,700.
Water for the towns of Borung and Wychitella is sourced from the Wimmera Mallee Pipeline. Korong Vale, Wedderburn, Bridgewater and Inglewood are supplied from the Wimmera Mallee Pipeline and South West Loddon Pipeline. Laanecoorie, Tarnagulla, Dunolly, Bealiba are currently supplied from the Loddon River.
Raw Water is treated at our water treatment plants in Korong Vale, Bridgewater and Laanecoorie and suppled to our customers through our water supply network.
Non-potable water is supplied to Borung and Wychitella.
Wastewater is collected through our sewer network and treated at our water reclamation plants at Bridgewater, Wedderburn and Dunolly.
There is no sewerage system in Korong Vale, Wychitella, Borung, Bealiba, Tarnagulla or Laanecoorie.
Our plants also treat wastewater from commercial sites in accordance with trade waste agreements and consents. These businesses range from cafes to large industries.
The recycled water produced at our water reclamation plants is supplied to local irrigators. Biosolids are reused for agricultural purposes.
Securing our water future
Our priority is securing water for our customers and ensuring the demand for water is met for the next 50 years.
We use water resource and climate data from the last 130 years, as well as population growth, household water usage and climate change projections to forecast our future water resource position.
We need to continually adapt to meet these challenges, and balance the social, environmental and economic needs to plan for a sustainable future.
Our Urban Water Strategy identifies the best mix of actions to provide water services now and into the future. Building bigger and better infrastructure is not the only way to ensure security of supply. We can look for new ways to reduce the water we use, find new water sources, or reuse more water.
Investments in this system
These are some of the projects we have invested in for the Loddon Wimmera System since our last Urban Water Strategy in 2017:
- Connected the Bridgewater and Korong Vale Water Treatment Plant (WTP) to the South West Loddon Pipeline and secured additional water entitlements.
- Upgraded the Bridgewater WTP and Laanecoorie WTP to ensure greater water security.
- Renewed the Bridgewater WTP groundwater bore, ensuring there is a backup supply of water.
- Renewed the Laanecoorie WTP Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
- Planned new raw water storages and pump station for Laanecoorie WTP to take water from the South West Loddon Pipeline.
- Added solar power to the Korong Vale WTP.
- Planned an upgrade at the Korong Vale WTP.
- Network disinfection for Bealiba was upgraded.